Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day Parties

Carleigh had her Valentine's Day party on Thursday and Cody has his party yesterday. Oh, it brings back old memories of when I was in elementary school and made shoe boxes decorated with hearts to hold all of my valentines. Cody passes out SpongeBob valentines and Carleigh gave out Princess valentines this year.

It was fun looking at all the valentines they received, plus I received valentines and candy (ugh!) from my class. For Cody, Spongebob was THE most popular and he received LOTS of them. I was actually THRILLED to see that Cody received a Christian valentine (the same one I gave my class) from a classmate of his. Way to go Chloe on being a light in public school!

Last night I bought the kids valentine gifts and this year I did not buy candy. Cody is getting a Rubix's Cube 360 Revenge game and a Bakugan. Carleigh got a Furreal puppy that fits snuggly into a purse. She was with me so she picked out her present, plus she picked out a Bakugan that she wanted. (Yes, I have a soon-to-be five year old GIRL who likes Bakugan!) She likes getting them out of the ball and putting them back in. Go figure!

Now, I am waiting for Matt to get home and we'll see what we schedule for the rest of the day!

2 comments:

Toni said...

The childhood pictures are wonderful. And I'm with Carleigh. I think you DID look like her as a child. And Cody looks so much like his grandpa too. What's most important, though, is the perfect knitting together of hearts in adoption, yes?

So glad you had some snow days to enjoy the time with your kids. I have to say, I'm soooo glad I missed all the snow while on vacation. And on that note, I'm pooped (got home at 11:30pm last night) so I'm off for now.
Blessings,
Toni

A Family Created By God said...

Toni,

I am so jealous of your vacation! But, guess what? You might be getting the same snowstorm we are getting tonight into Tuesday morning. Another 6-8 inches is projected for Cincinnati. Ugh!