Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Thief Amongst Us...

This morning while getting ready for work, I heard a strange rustling sound and little feet. I walk to the front hallway and see that the laundry room light is on. I distinctively remember that I turned that light off AND the door is closed. That gives me warning signs that someone is up to no good.

I open the door and find Carleigh on top of a laundry hamper reaching for Matt's change on top of our white cabinet. I must say that she has excellent problem solving skills as she dumped all of her/Cody's clothes on the floor and some ended in another hamper, turned it over, and used it as a ladder to get her desired prize.

The look of shock and horror on her face was priceless. Yes, I have a thief and she has started young! (A few days ago she snatched a few coins from her aunt's coin collection also.) Why oh why is she obsessed with money at such a young age? She has 3 piggy banks full of coins and I think she needs a bigger one.

After talking to Matt this evening, it appears that it wasn't the first time Carleigh did that. Apparently she sneaked into the laundry room a few days ago while I was gone and did the same thing. *sigh*


**I survived Egypt Day today and it went (relatively)well!

3 comments:

andrea said...

oh goodness...

so did you ask her why she took the money?

A Family Created By God said...

Andrea, no, I didn't ask her. She is crazy about money and thinks ALL money belongs to her. Silly girl!

4Me2Know said...

Money is to Carleigh what marbles are to Reece. That boy will do ANYTHING to grow his already ginormous collection.
Blessings,
Toni