Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 2 of Inservice


Well, I survived day 2 of in-service. There is nothing more boring, um exciting than to sit all morning in meetings in which you hear the same thing almost every year. I always try to get something out of it and I think the best part was the Smartboard sharing time. My principal deemed me the "expert" so I was showing the K-2 teachers a couple of lessons and how to get started. I also learned a few neat things from the 1st grade teachers and have already created a few lessons for the beginning of the year.

Tomorrow will be crazy as I will be working in my classroom all day and then Back to School Night begins at 5:30pm. My students and their parents will visit the classroom and can drop off school supplies as well as getting to know me and looking around the room/school. I should be getting home after 7 that night and then relaxing before going to bed. Then Wednesday is the first day of school. I am looking forward to my new class of 19 students and am hopeful for a fun and productive school year.

Cody and Carleigh cannot WAIT for school to start! Cody starts a week from today and we are STILL not sure when Carleigh will start. If I do not get something in the mail this week, I am going to email her teacher. We should have received a letter by now.

And of course you know what else starts around Back to School time???? FOOTBALL! Matt is REAL happy now!!

No comments: