Monday, August 03, 2009

Pool Party


Tonight, I went to our annual 2nd Grade GAP (Get Acquainted Party) at the home of a second grade family. It was a wonderful pool party! They also had a big, water slide that students could climb up and go down. I met many new students and their parents and got to know them better. I had 13 out of 20 of my students there. It sounds like I will have a good year, although you never know!!

Oh to have such a pool as this family had with a diving board and all...I was envisioning Cody and Carleigh splashing around in it! When we start our search for our home, I will also be looking at the possibility of getting a home with a pool for my two water lovers!!

Is it August already? *sigh*

1 comment:

Toni said...

So cool that you meet the students and parents informally before the year begins. I think it's a wonderful idea. LOVE that photo of Carleigh walking away from the camera on the beach. Love all the photos for that matter.
Blessings,
~Toni~