Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Welcome to my sauna!


While giving the kids baths tonight, I noticed how HOT the bathroom was which was unusual since the a/c works really well in there. I didn't give it a second thought until my face was flushed and I was feeling warm. Matt enters the room and said "I don't think the a/c is working." We flip the breakers and nothing...nada...zilch! Even the fan won't turn on! I talk to Connie and then Brit's boyfriend Tim comes down. He thinks a fuse has blown because even the fan won't come on. I talk to our landlord and she is hoping to get someone out in the morning.

In the meanwhile, I am sleeping on the couch in the living room under the ceiling fan. I would open a window, but these windows in the back have something wrong with them and when we had the Blackout of 2008 (I have post-traumatic disorder just thinking about that time!) and opened the windows, we could not get them back up without intervention. Needless to say, I am not going down that road again and will just deal with a warm house.

If the a/c guy doesn't come early, this momma and her two kids are heading to Mamaw's! Yes, I am a wimp about my a/c!!!

No comments: