Friday, August 14, 2009

Back to School




My room is not fully ready yet, but it is almost there. Today was the first day back for teachers. It was a morning full of meetings at the high school, then we could work in our rooms in the afternoon. I plan on working in my room tomorrow and then Monday and Tuesday will be it. Wednesday is the first day of school. Those in not in education have no idea how much time and preparation there is to get a classroom ready. And those who make the comments, "Oh teachers have 3 months off and all the holidays.." Yeah right! We start getting our rooms together in July and usually take classes and training throughout the summer. I love my job, but it is nice to get a few weeks off to just rejuvenate.

1 comment:

Toni said...

There are several professions where the employees are sometimes undervalued. SADLY I think teaching is one of them. I'm not sure some parents comprehend the significance of a teacher dedicating his or her self to their child for 6 hours every day, 180 days a year (not including the time spent outside the classroom.) That is HUGE dedication and it's not just to a job. If Joe Schmoe is fully dedicated to his corporate job, GREAT. I'm sure the company benefits, as does he. But when a teacher is dedicated, EVERYONE benefits. The children. The parents. Society. And yes, eventually Joe Schmoe and his employer. Stepping down off my soapbox now. ;)

The room looks GREAT, Jen. Can't wait to hear about your first day and week. A group of lucky second graders is about to be blessed...again!
Blessings,
~Toni~