Thursday, August 06, 2009

Kindergarten News


Cody got his Kindergarten mailing yesterday. He will have Mrs. Stehlin (who he met last spring several times) and his first day of school is Monday, August 24th. They want parents to attend on the first day and meet with the principal and fill out lots of paperwork. So Matt will take off as I really don't want to take a half-day on my 4th day of the school year! Then, he will not go to school on the 25th or 26th and will start riding the bus on Thursday, August 27th. I am having a hard time fathoming that Cody is a Kindergartener! He LOVES school and I am sure he will steal the heart of his teacher (after he kisses her a gazillion times).

Carleigh will be green with envy as her preschool never starts until a week or so after Kindergarten begins. We still haven't received a letter yet from her teacher Miss Ellie (Cody's Preschool teacher). My mom will have to entertain her while Cody is in school.

My first official day is Friday, August 14th, although I have been working on and off in my room for a few weeks. I haven't been in this week because of the GAP and then I attended the visitation of a middle school teacher at our school who passed away. So tonight after Bible study with the teachers, I am going to work in my room. Tomorrow is the lovely CPR training *yawn* and I have that all morning at the high school. It seems like summer is already gone!

1 comment:

Toni said...

CPR Yawn. I yawned too and I was a cardiac nurse, lol. Necessary? Yes. Stimulating? Uh, no.

Hard to believe that time of year is here again. We go to Indiana Beach this coming Sun-Mon (they honored the homeschool rate even even though they moved the week to June.) Then we'll have day 1 and likely day 2 between Wed and Saturday, then full speed next week, August 25th. Liv starts art school and Cierah starts dance school Sept 8th, and Liv starts a young girl's bible study about modesty (age 10-13) in Sept as well. BUSY BUSY this time of year.
Blessings,
~Toni~