Sunday, August 30, 2009

Colds, Sinus infections, & Coughing

Friday evening was very interesting to say the least. The night before, I came down with a sinu infection. I knew it was coming, while teaching, I started sneezing uncontrollably and the eyes starting itching. Thursday night was pure torture and I got very little sleep.

My co-teacher gave me a Claritin (God love her!) and it helped me to get through the rest of the day. After Carleigh's open house, everything went downhill again. I became very icky, Matt started to come down with a minor cold, Cody had a slight cough and Carleigh had a bad cough! We went to bed early to be awoken by Carleigh coughing so hard that she threw up. After cleaning her up, she violently vomited again. Lovely! Then if things couldn't get worse, the thunderstorm came. The only one at that point asleep was Cody and this was midnight people! Argh! The lightning was so close that one point, it shook the house so hard that I almost jumped off the couch! It must have hit something nearby. Whoa! When all was calm, we all fell asleep for an hour or so until Carleigh was up again needing water *sigh*.

Everyone slept in on Saturday. Friday night must have been the breaking point in everyone's sickness. By Saturday afternoon, we all felt like grocery shopping and basically getting out of the house. This was the first time that we have been sick all summer so that is good!

Carleigh is looking forward to her first day in Miss Ellie's class tomorrow and I am looking forward to a 3-day weekend. We have lots of fun things planned and hoping for no rain.

No comments: