Friday, June 26, 2009

Not a good night!

Last night was just awful! We had SEVERE thunderstorms off and on starting at 11 pm. The power kept going off and on and after the first storm sort of settled down, I went to bed. We were awakened to the sound of the power going out AGAIN (GRRR!!) and the sound of really strong wind and lightning. Carleigh yelled "DADDY!" because she woke up and there was no light. We quickly calmed her down and then I stayed up because I felt someone needed to be awake in case of tornadoes, etc. Amazingly Cody didn't wake up or at least we didn't hear him.

Today will be filled with breakfast with my mom, sister, niece, kids and I. I think we will do some last minute shopping and then I will finish the packing.

This will be my last post before Michigan. I will post periodically as I am bringing my laptop with me!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Power outages always wigged my kids out too back in Ohio (they had a nightlight in their rooms back then.) I stay awake too during big storms, even though we have an all weather radio. Carl, otoh, hibernates. ;)
Blessings,
~Toni~