Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kids' First Day of Summer

Today is Cody and Carleigh's first day of summer break. And we get a thunderstorm this morning! Cody and Carleigh LOVE being outdoors, so now I am thinking of what we should do. Right now, we are watching "Sesame Street" while they decide to hug each other and then start wrestling. You would think I have 2 boys, but no, Carleigh can pin Cody down in most instances. It's a regular WWF match most days.

We'll probably play some card games, color, and work on letter formation (of course I have to get some learning in as well!). I plan on packing for our Gatlinburg trip this evening when Matt is at home and I have reinforcements. I can't leave them alone for more than a minute.

Guess what Carleigh did last night? She has a tendency to lock doors. A month or so ago, she went into the bathroom and locked herself in. Of course she hasn't figured out how to UNLOCK it yet. Well, last night, she locked Cody into his bedroom. Normally we go into the laundry room (which is connected by a door to Cody's room) and go in that way. Well, the sneaky one locked THAT door to. So what did we do? We had to unscrew the doorknob. Poor Cody tried very hard to open the door, but couldn't. We are keeping the doorknob off until her door locking fetish is over.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Oh no! The doorknob doesn't have one of those little lock pick holes in it so you can unlock it with a hairpin?

I hear you about not being able to leave them alone. I still have those moments as well.