Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lazy Summer Days

Today, the kids had OT and PT with the therapists that have seen them since they were babies. Afterwards, we came home and vegged. My friend called and while I was talking to her, Cody fell asleep in front of the tv before lunch. It was so cute because he has his Mickey Mouse under his head as a pillow. I think all the days of little or no naps, plus getting up early to take Matt to work has really caught up with him.

I quickly fixed lunch and put him down for a nap. Carleigh and I were laying on the couch and even *I* fell asleep also! I slept for 2 hours! I NEVER do that! I woke up in time to pick up Matt from work.

Oh I just love lazy summer days!

Instead of unpacking, we are keeping the suitcases in our laundry room because we will be packing again this time next week. And we have to pack ALOT more including towels, washclothes, sheets and blankets. And might I add we are taking my small fridge from my classroom (deciding where to put it in the van is the BIG question)! I am going to go over a packing list with my sister (who goes there almost every year) on things that we definitely need to pack. I have seen her pack tub after tub of items and hopefully I won't forget anything.

We are staying in a camping room that has beds, a/c and a tv, but we will go to a bathhouse for bathroom facilities (oh boy!). This will be my first REAL camping experience other than camping out a night or two with my best friend or at the farm. We are buying metal rods to cook hot dogs and marshmallows over the open fire. Mmmm...I can just smell all the good smells right now!

Did I say I am enjoying these summer days....oh I hope these months go by sooooo slow!

No comments: