Friday, June 19, 2009

8 More Days Until Michigan!

This time next week, we will be in full packing mode. In fact, I will begin packing early next week as this trip, I have to bring a LOT more. This weekend, my sister and I are going shopping for camping "necessities." Camping forks for smores and roasted hot dogs are a must and extra towels for bathhouse living (sigh). We are also buying inflatable "boats" or rafts so that we can go whitewater rafting. I have never been rafting, but my sister said the water is calm, phew! Of course, Cody and Carleigh have new life-jackets to wear while we go down the river.

There will be a lot of people going, quite a caravan of sorts. My sister, her husband and daughter, her mother-in-law and father-in-law, her friend and her husband, and then the four of us for a total of 11 people (if others don't make last minute decisions to go!).

Bring on the sand, lake, dunes, and lighthouses!

2 comments:

Toni said...

Oh Jen, it sounds like GREAT fun. Seriously, wish I was going too. ;) I can't wait to hear some stories and see the photos. I know you'll all have a great time. And didn't you tell me you're staying at a Jellystone? We stay at one here in IN every summer and honestly, those showers and restrooms are absolutely 100% spotless. Not a bug or web or mess to be found. It's quite amazing. Freshly painted, freshly scrubbed at all times.
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Yes, we are staying at Jellystone and thanks for reassuring me that the showers and restrooms are clean. I am bringing flipflops for showering and boy will it be an experience for my kids to take a shower--they are bath kids!!