Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wanting Everything

Carleigh is very aware of commericals unfortunately and now wants EVERYTHING girly she sees on tv, plus some things for older kids that isn't age appropriate for her. When she sees a commercial, she exclaims "I want that!" I hope this is a stage for her and not a personality flaw of greediness! *sigh* We want to instill the true meaning of Christmas, not presents or decorations, but that we celebrate our Savior's birth. We have been reading about Jesus being born and now it is neat that every nativity scene, she understands that the baby is Jesus. Of course she also has seen angel decorations and said that they are also Jesus! It is so sweet to hear her pray at night. Sometimes I have to guide her prayer and she echoes back with me. I just cherish that time with her at night as I sit with her at her bed and watch her as she settles down and falls to sleep. Although her behaviors can be quite challenging, I am so blessed!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Our sin nature shows up. Just keep pointing her toward the cross and finding ways to develop in her a servant's heart. God will guide you. Mine have all done this (and still do; it's a work in progress.)
Blessings,
~Toni~