Monday, December 07, 2009

Keep on keepin' on....

I think I posted a long time ago about my struggle with weight. I have a pre-existing condition that makes me prone to weight gain. Well, I am now finally starting to lose weight. In October, I began my weight loss program and now have officially lost 15 lbs! I have a LOT to go, but it is progress. I walk at least 2 miles a day and then do some aerobic exercises and have cut back on my food intake. I am hoping to buy a stationery bike with my Christmas money and some other equipment so that I can beef up my program. My first goal is to lose 40 lbs before Easter break. I am almost half-way there but am taking into consideration that the holidays have hit, but am exercising self-control. Thanksgiving wasn't so bad as I am not a big turkey fan. Hopefully I can have self-control over all those cookies and other sweets and let's not forget the infamous cheeseball!

The kids have been watching me and now put on my ankle weights and hand weights. It so cute to see Cody trying to do some of the exercises that I do! I will have to take a pic and post it.

4 comments:

Toni said...

Jenn, I am more proud of you than I could possibly express. You are doing a WONDERFUL job, friend. You are taking healthful, REALISTIC steps toward a healthier life. Everyone who loves you will benefit from that. Keep up the great work.

Walmart has some great Pilates items for sale. Every option comes with a DVD. There are weights, a weighted ball, the big blow-up exercise ball, cords, etc. And they're all affordable. Some of the Pilates moves are difficult to do at first, but they can be modified or even left out until strength and stretching improve. Just a thought. I've done Pilates on just the mat, but I want to get the weighted ball sometime in the new year (or maybe the exercise ball.)

It helps me to make conscious thoughts about things like parties, holiday visits, etc. I visualize the food that will likely be available and then make choices about them before I even have them in front of me. I also visual portion sizes and how full I want my plate to be. That mental exercise REALLY helps me. Thought I'd share for what it's worth.

Push on through the winter cold. It's NOT easy getting out there, but you'll feel so much better for facing the cold and accomplishing your workout goal. And a cup of hot herbal tea is a wonderful treat afterward.

YOU'RE DOING AN AWESOME JOB!!!! I'm soooo happy for you, Jenn.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Toni said...

Btw, just mentioned Pilates because it's what I'm familiar with. I'm sure there are other workout DVD's and equipment. It's fun (and important for motivation) to mix it up. Winter's a great time to do that because the weather limits our usual routines.

Rachel said...

Girl, I don't tell you this enough, but you are looking GREAT! If you ever need a walking buddy, let me know! I'd love to walk with you sometime!

Love ya!

A Family Created By God said...

Thank you Toni and Rachel for your sweet words! It really motivates me to do more! Rachel, maybe we can walk together sometime on the weekends? I'll talk to you about it soon.

I will have to check out the Pilates equipment. Thanks for the information about them Toni!