Monday, September 14, 2009

Our Weekend




We had a wonderful time at the reunion. It was nice to see cousins I haven't seen in years. Specifically, I haven't seen my cousin who has been out of the country serving in the military for over 5 or so years. She is now stationed in New Mexico and am so glad that to hear that she is on US soil. Her brother just enlisted and I will be praying for his safety as well. We had a cornhole tournament and drew numbers to see who was their partners. My poor partner really got the short end of the stick when he got me as a partner! I am not that good! Of course, he was good and that was the reason why we advanced. It was so fun to see all of us playing and having fun with aunts, uncles, and cousins.

On to a more serious note, I am not going into detail here, but please pray for my family and I. Everyone is ok, but something happened down there that was very unpleasant (to say the least) and we just need prayer to get it out of our heads.

1 comment:

Toni said...

That is how Carl's family reunions go. His grandmother had 13 children and the family branches just get bigger from there. Lots of, "I'm sorry, but tell me how related again," kinds of comments, lol.

Still can't get over how much Cody and your dad look alike. Amazing.

And praying for you and your family, Jen. Hope everyone is able to get past what happened.
Blessings,
~Toni~