Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Back into the swing of things....

We are back into the "normal" routine now. All of us are back to school and things are starting into a smooth rhythm. One thing I have to add to my nightly schedule is packing Cody a snack. I know it sounds minor, but it's just "one more thing" I have to do. Next year, I'll be packing a lunch box (eeeeek!!!) and possibly two of them! I am soooooooo not ready for that! At least I have another year to prepare myself!

Other than the lack of sleep I get, I am having a good school year. I always have "one of THOSE" in my classroom, but nothing too bad this year. They are hard workers and getting everything done. Yay! My student teacher is finding her groove and she is such a Godsend! Today, she organized two incredibly stuffed cabinets and books shelves. She will have my classroom totally organized by the time she leaves. I told her that I think she missed her true "calling" because that girl can ORGANIZE!

September is birthday month in my family so we are getting ready to celebrate lots of birthdays: my niece (her birthday is tomorrow), my mom, ME, and my sister's birthdays. That's a lot in a small familia! And don't forget a family reunion sandwiched in there and boy this month will be a busy one!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

It's funny how the little chores can feel big when we're working so hard to get through the details of our days. I have to pack Carl's lunch and set up the coffeemaker (it's on a timer) and sometimes those two tiny chores feel like a mountain. They just pop up as an afterthought sometimes, when I'm at the end of my day and TIRED. :(
I read somewhere that PB&J sandiches freeze well and then you just put them in the lunchbox and they're thawed by lunch time. Maybe that tip will help you prepare sandwiches in advance next year?
Blessings,
~Toni~