Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I couldn't choose a title for this post and felt "ramblings" have been mentioned far too much lately! Cody has been having great days this week at school and most of last week. The week before that was just AWFUL and I was wondering if we were going to make it through Kindergarten. I love reading a paragraph about Cody every day in his behavior chart. Today, he was pulled out for speech and the ST commented that Cody was repeating sentences well (of course the sentences mention SpongeBob his second favorite character to Mickey Mouse) and knows all his shapes. This comes as no surprise to me because Cody knew his shapes at 3 years of age.

I have no idea how Carleigh is doing with Ms. Ellie, so I assume no news is good news. I may just send an email and see how she is doing. Bragging on Carleigh, her speech has progressed in amazing levels! Each day I hear her say a new sentence that I haven't heard before. Her sentence structure is starting to become complex. Carleigh's challenge lately is her behavior. Can we say stubborn, defiant, angry and strong-willed? I have to pray for patience hourly. I have tried about everything imaginable with her and am still looking for the right approach. *sigh*

Miss Carleigh thinks she runs the house and can do whatever she wants. A few days ago, I was in the front of the house working on laundry and assumed Matt was in the family room with the kiddos. I walk back to the family room and notice Cody watching tv with Carleigh nowhere in sight. I look for her in Cody's room and no Carleigh. Sometimes she likes to hide from me (ugh!) so I looked all over the place. Then the lightbulb went off and yes, she decided to put her shoes on and go outside to play (and unlock the door as well). After having a panic attack, I find her hiding behind the van. I think my hair will turn white before I hit 40!

Did I mention that Matt AND I were summoned for jury duty? Matt got summoned for grand jury duty for three weeks and all were in separate months. I was summoned for the last two weeks of October (during the week of Cody's VERY important developmental pediatrician appt at Childrens...one that we have been waiting for for 7 months) and the last two weeks that I will have my student teacher. Needless to say, I am praying I get out of it. My principal wrote a letter to the judge and we are hoping that I get excused. Why can't they summon me in the SUMMER?!! HELLO! I am off all summer and it would be so much easier! Stay tuned...I will let you know if I get excused.

2 comments:

Toni said...

We have a challenging child too (VERY!) Actually, we have TWO with behavior issues. At least Carleigh is younger and you might just find her laying down her will more in time. Sadly, that has NOT proven true for our two (with one of them continuing to habitually lie to us....sigh.)

I have to believe that God will equip us to make the greatest possible impact on them before they ultimately will be responsible for their choices and the consequences. And of course, we'll love them through it all.
Blessings,
~Toni~

happyadoptingmom said...

My dh has gotten his jury duty postponed 6 months 2 different times. Praying they will postpone yours.