Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Getting excited for Fall and other ramblings


Yesterday, I felt the first nip in the air (of course it had been raining as well) and it made me realize that Fall is coming soon. Actually, Fall begins the first full day TODAY. This past weekend, I went on a shopping spree to get Carleigh outfitted for the winter. We hit a few yard sales and then hit the stores. She now has at least 2 weeks worth of clothes, plus a few dresses for church. I also love how leggings are back and Carleigh can wear her skirts and dresses with modesty!

Cody scored in the clothing department as well, but not as much as Carleigh. Cody is so skinny that his clothes from last year (other than the 4T) will still fit him AND he had some 5T pants that were too big last year and he can officially wear them now.

Now clothes do not get me in the Fall mood. What I love MOST about the Fall is corn mazes, pumpkin farms, carving pumpkins, searching for the best costumes for trick or treating, the leaves falling and hence a jump into a big pile, wearing sweatshirts and jeans (w/o jackets), and pumpkin pie.

We are planning our annual trip to a farm for a corn maze and pumpkin picking as well as going to another corn maze with friends. This year, we are going to be brave and take Cody & Carleigh to Tom's Maze in Germantown IN THE DARK. Of course my greatest fear is losing them in the maze, so I might keep a death grip on them the entire time. LOL! Everyone HAS to love Fall!

No comments: