Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Tuesday morning

Last night was a little hairy due to Carleigh crying out in pain at midnight. We had given her some pain reliever and her antibiotics a couple hours before and then something must have happened in her ear because she was inconsolable. No doubt EVERYONE in the house was awake due to her screaming. I think her eardrum might have burst or something because her ear was wet and had remnants of something coming out of it this morning.

We took Cody to the bus stop and Carleigh was fine until she saw her brother get on the bus and not her. She cried and cried and just didn't understand why she couldn't "ride the bus Mommy!" In fact, she threw a temper tamtrum when we stepped back into the house. My mom came over so she could help me get those wonderful eye drops in. Let me tell you that girl has STRENGTH! It took two adults to hold her down and we still struggled with getting those drops in! We did get them in and hopefully it will heal her eye. (Her eye is only very slightly pink and I am really still wondering if she does have pink eye.) She is supposed to get the drops every 6 hours, but I plan on delaying it an hour until Matt gets home and he can hold her down next time.

So now, I am trying to keep her entertained with coloring, flashcards, playdough and tv. However, she won't let me forget that she didn't "ride the bus" this morning. She will be overjoyed when she gets to go tomorrow (and so will I!)!

No comments: