Friday, April 10, 2009

First Egg Dyeing Adventure




This year, I thought it would be fun to dye Easter Eggs while I tell the story of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins and how he rose again three days later. They really listened and of course loved dyeing the eggs! Cody LOVES the color yellow lately so he was in charge of dyeing the yellow eggs and Carleigh's favorite was pink. I bought the dye that had glitter mixed in.

I had a big, long meeting at Cody's school today and his teacher remarked that Cody ate an entire hard boiled egg. Many students did not want to touch it due to its strange texture but he ate it and he also enjoyed painting with a marshmallow peep. His favorite part was the actual eating of the peep after he painted his picture with marshmallow paint.

Tomorrow, we have an egg hunt at church (hopefully) and the kids are very excited about hunting. This year they can hunt their eggs on their own and it will be nice to watch and take pics. Although I do miss some of the "baby" stuff, it is nice to see how independent they are coming.

1 comment:

Toni said...

We are sooo late this year. I just boiled the eggs an hour ago.
Blessings,
~Toni~