Monday, April 06, 2009

Could this day get any worse?

My Spring Break has not been what I envisioned it to be (Okay, Saturday and Sunday were fine, but as I am here in cold Ohio, I am rather jealous that my co-worker is in sunny Florida having the time of her life...hugs Rachel!!).

This morning, I woke up with a bad headache and a stiff neck. Hmmm...that should've been my cue not to get up this morning! After getting Cody and Carleigh on the bus, I took some Tylenol and leisurely read the newspaper and surfed the Net until the headache dissolved. Once it did, I actually got some cleaning done.

The kids' bus was late coming home and I was almost to the point of being seriously worried. The bus driver had to turn around and drop a kid back off at his house since his mother was not there when she was supposed to be. Okay, I am digressing!! Cody is having issues with sitting in his seat, so the bus driver wanted me to talk with him. (yeah, like that is going to do ANY good!)

Then, we have lunch and I take Carleigh up to Brittany's who was babysitting her while I take Cody to the torture chamber, um, I mean eye doctor. Boy, he was running on pure octane because he got lose of my grip and sprinted down the hallway of Children's. I of course, got my exercise when I had to chase him down as he is GIGGLING the whole time. (Little stinker!) Then, he had to touch EVERYTHING in the exam room including majorly expensive ophthamologist tools. He gives the dr a big hug and kiss BEFORE finding out that we are going to have to patch his left eye again for lazy eye. (We used to patch it when he was 6-9 months old.) We have to patch it for 2 hours a day which will be a miraculous feat itself as he doesn't tolerate his glasses. *sigh*

We come home in the freezing rain and pick up little miss sunshine from Brittany's. The moment we walk into the house, she begins to cry and was grabbing her ear something fierce. She kept saying "my ear" and I was thinking, not ANOTHER ear infection! She kept crying uncontrollably.

An hour later, Matt gets home and we decide that he will take her to Urgent Care while I go to MY doctor's appointment. He calls his parents to watch super hyper Codeman while he takes little miss sunshine to the doctor. I wait over an HOUR to see my MD and then find out that I have to have a SLEW of bloodwork done due to my situation this time last year. I then race to my Beth Moore Bible study and was 20 minutes late (I HATE being late!).

I call to check on Carleigh's status and find out that she does have an ear infection, plus pink eye. I am thinking how we have exposed a gazillion people to it since she went to preschool today, then she exposed my niece to it, plus the rest of us. She was absolutely miserable. Once I arrived home, Matt went out and got the eye drops, antibiotics and pain reducer. It was a real JOY to put the eye drops in! It was like trying to hold down the little girl in the "Exorcist!" I think I managed to get the drops in, but chuckled when it said to put it in every 6 hours. I have no idea how I am going to get them in when Matt is not home. *sigh*

Alas, I am heading to bed and hoping tomorrow that Carleigh and I have a good day at home while Cody enjoys preschool. So much for my time alone.

No comments: