Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Recuperating!

Well, we are all on the mend thankfully! Carleigh was really sick, lifeless and slept almost all morning and afternoon yesterday. She would wake up briefly ask for her juice and then go back to sleep. When Matt arrived home, it made a spark in her and she was up! She didn't go back to sleep until bedtime. It is amazing how quickly she can get over a bug! I think prayers also helped! She was playing and back to her normal self of bugging Cody and taking his toys away. She was craving crackers and ate over a dozen of them over the course of the evening!

I still do not have an appetite, but my stomach cramps are over for the most part. The good thing about not having an appetite is that it is helping my diet that I started a couple of week ago. I have now lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks! I have a goal of 25 lbs before school starts. I haven't been able to exercise due to getting ready for the yard sale and being sick so now that I am back to normal, I plan on starting my exercise regime today and hopefully more pounds will melt away.

We are also finding more items to sell at our final yard sale over at Matt's sister's house this Saturday. I sold my baby swing on Sunday. Woohooo! That brings my total to $151! I am hoping to sell $100 at the yard sale this Saturday. The cash will be needed for admission prices for a family of 4 to Holiday World!!

On top of getting ready for the yard sale, I am getting ready for a picnic on the 4th of July at our house. We are expecting 19 people including us. Last year we had a bigger number, but since the 4th starts a 3-day weekend, alot of my family will be going out of town.

It should be a fun time for all, hopefully no one else gets sick!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

So glad everyone is on the mend. Was it food poisoning? Or just a virus? No matter. Just glad you're feeling better. And what an accomplishment with the weight loss, Jen. You GO! I made big changes in my family's diet recently. No pop (we axed that last summer, actually). No red meat (they can order it out if they choose to, but none prepared at home). Very little meat in general, but lots of legumes, some tuna, and other sources of protein. Plus vitamins. We also only buy 100% juice (mostly orange and apple) and have done away with convenience snacks, opting for homemade oatmeal cookies, fruit, yogurt and raw carrots instead. It's been gradual and will take more time still to achieve my goal of healthier diet for all (our genetic risks are high for various health problems), but we're getting there.
Drink each day in. I know that, like me, you're not in a hurry to see the new school year begin. Relish summer!
Blessings,
~Toni~