Sunday, July 20, 2008

Updates

Friday night, I went to second grade GAP (Get Acquainted Party) held at Harbin Park. I thought it was going to be really hot and humid, but due to the breeze and trees, it wasn't so bad. Six of my students were there and there were a few new students who haven't been assigned a class yet. It went well and I got to know the parents probably better than the students!! The kids were too busy playing the relay games and playing on the playground! The parents presented my co-worker and I each a beautiful batch of red roses.

On Saturday, I decided I had had ENOUGH of the bleached blonde and so I went shopping with my sister to find the perfect shade of DARK blonde. Matt took the kids to a cookout while I had my afternoon of shopping and fun. I am much happier with my color now and eventually, I will pick a slightly darker shade or go very light brown. My parents, sister and I went to Cracker Barrel that evening and I ran into one of my students from this past year and his family. He also has a little sister who is in my class this year. Her dad was embarrassing her saying that she is the worst of the two in a joking manner!! Poor thing!!

Today, I ordered two big purchases. One thing I HAD to order was a new cellphone. I did something totally stupid and ruined my cellphone. Ask me what I did and I will tell you! So, I ordered a new one and will still have my old number. I should get it later in the week.

My second purchase was a laptop computer. I was debating on what to do as far as computer-wise, and then I saw my niece Brittany's laptop and all the capabilities as well as having wireless internet and I was hooked! I ordered a laptop with wireless internet, built-in webcam/digital camera, and a few other software programs that I need for school purposes. Of course I had to find a stylin carrying case and a wireless mouse. (I can't go without a mouse!!) I must admit, it was so much FUN ordering the new computer and picking out what I wanted. My computer is over 5 years old and is starting to get slower and slower...Now, I plan on using it for a learning tool for Cody and Carleigh...hence, it will be the GAME computer. They will be on cloud 9 for sure and I will love being able to check my email in bed or outside or in the van or on vacation!! Wooohooo! I can't wait for the delivery truck to come my way and this is way much more exciting than the school orders I just made for my classroom.

3 comments:

Toni said...

I'm so envying the laptop (I will not covet, I will not covet). ;)
Sounds like you're going to be muy set once it arrives. Enjoy!

Btw, you didn't drop your cell phone in the toilet, did you? You didn't, right? Right??? ;D
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

No, I didn't drop it in the toilet...but it was in water...the washing machine (because it was in my jeans pocket) and then it went into the dryer...all without my knowledge of course!! AHHHH!

Toni said...

ROFLOL! I've done similar things. At least it wasn't in the toilet. Otherwise, I believe I would have had to leave the "fishing" up to Roto-Rooter. ;)
Blessings,
~Toni~