Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mommy and Me Time

I decided that both Cody and Carleigh need one-on-one time with us. So, tonight, it was Carleigh's time with me and Cody hung out with Matt. Carleigh and I sat at her Disney Princesses table and we working on her "Let's Pretend" theme preschool workbook. She did really well. She can match stickers to pictures well. I also started working on scissor practice with her. She loves to cut, but hasn't mastered opening the scissors with one hand. After she cuts, she has to put the paper down and open the scissors with both hands. I am also trying to help her identify her first and last name. She knows her first name but not her last name. She can now pronounce her last name. That is a good start. She LOVES individual time with me and I notice her behavior is much better. Hmmm...maybe there is some jealousy?!!

Tomorrow is Cody's turn to have time with me before church. I am also trying to wor Cody on coloring and using a pencil. He sat on the potty chair!!! We were like WHOA!!! Should I try it with him? I just may! It would be so nice to have both potty trained!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Oh Jen, this update blessed me. To know of your journey to parenthood and how God has knit you all together as a family just deeply touches me. And then to see your little ones growing in skills and interests through your investment of time and love for them,...it just truly blesses me. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work.
Blessings,
~Toni~