Monday, July 14, 2008

This and That

We started on the potty train again with Carleigh. It started on the wrong foot because I introduced her panties and she ran away and said "I don't want it!" After putting them on her, she refused to wear shorts. I am ok with that as long as we are inside the house. She was shivering and scared on the potty. Yikes! Hopefully it will go better as the day goes along!

I have my laundry room organized for the most part. I just need to do a few more things this evening and that room will finally be organized and clean. Most of my house is all organized and clutter free! It's such a good feeling! I want the house to be organized and clean before heading back to school in mid-August.

Lately, when I am singing a song, Cody chimes in on the last few words. He has been putting THREE words together these days! He can say "More cookie or insert food please!" "Thank you, your welcome" "how ya doing? (Reminds me of "Joey" from "Friends!" He can also echo back what you say like I was talking about the ocean to which he said "ocean!" I think his speech therapist at school will be blown away in September!

Carleigh is very curious/fearful of noises. She says in a cute little whisper "What's that?" "What's that noise?" Sometimes, I think she "fakes" being scared for attention purposes. She is definitely a drama girl!!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Reece was afraid of the potty too. And Cierah is BEYOND petrified of port-a-potties (truth be told, so am I, lol). Hope she's more relaxed soon. Such a "big kid" milestone to tackle.
Blessings,
~Toni~
p.s. good going on the decluttering. I soooo need to get on with it here.