Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Speech Explosion!

Both kiddos are talking like crazy! This is such a good thing! Cody is starting to repeat words if I ask him! Wow! He is also starting to put two words together and somtimes three! I am so proud of them both!

I walked out of the kitchen briefly while Cody and Carleigh were eating lunch today. I hear a crash and of course Carleigh's booster seat tray was on the floor and there was a mess there as well. Carleigh looks up at me and says "I sorry Mommy!" Of course I couldn't get mad at her after that!

Even though her behavior can be so frustrating at times, I think we have moved up to a better mother/daughter stage. This summer, she has been attatched to me now that I am home all day and all evening, she doesn't want me to leave her side. One of our little moments is when she hurts her finger or something and wants me to kiss it and then of course she says "hug" and wants me to hug her hurt finger. She is too cute! If I am laying on her bed while she is falling asleep for her nap, she will smile at me and hug me until she falls asleep. I can't even express how long I have been waiting for this to happen!

Cody's latest thing is to munch on whole apples. If he had this craving a few years ago, I would be hysterically worried as he had MAJOR feeding issues, but now he has come along way. He yells "more apple please" and of course I have to give him another apple!

1 comment:

Toni said...

What a wonderful update on both children's accomplishments. Keep up the good work (kids AND parents).
Blessings,
~Toni~