Monday, July 21, 2008

Success!

We have been trying off and on all summer to get Carleigh interested in potty training. I have been looking at different strategies and I came to the best technique of bribery!!! Carleigh loves nickels and pennies and dimes. So everytime that she goes in the potty, she gets a nickel. I kept talking it up today and she peed in the potty this morning! Of course I praised her and made it such a big deal! And she got her shiny nickel!! Wooohooo! This is just one small step in potty training, but it is one step. I am so proud of my girl!! Of course, Cody saw all the commotion and I hope this sparks his interest also.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Yay, Carleigh. Keep earning those nickels, girlie. And Mr. Cody will come along too in time. My Reece still has night issues at 6yo due to his CP. We just keep working on it.
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Thanks Toni! We were blown away that he sat on the potty yesterday so we might forge ahead and just see what happens with the Codeman. Yesterday was a not so good day for Carleigh but this morning is starting out on the right foot!