Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Busy Days

On Tuesday, Cody, Carleigh and I met my former co-teacher Theresa and her two boys at Ft. Liberty Playland. I have been wanting to go there for awhile, but never got around to doing it. (We had a second grade party there 8 years ago and I thought it was a neat park.) This park was very close for my friend so it worked out well. We met early, thankfully as the heat was steaming up in the 90s. Ick!

I plan on taking the kids again, but with more adults. You can really lose a child or two because the playground is a wooden fort with lots of hiding places and slides that come out near the bike trail. Carleigh kept hiding and Cody stayed in the shaded parts which caused my heart to skip a beat when I couldn't see them. The kids had a blast and we ate lunch there.

Afterwards, the kids and I went to my classroom.

Today, I went to my friend Jen's house and we had a fun time. The kids loved playing her daughter and of course exploring her house! I now have a few gifts in mind for Christmas!

Tomorrow is therapy day and my last Bible study night with the Beth Moore series. I have learned so much about the Psalms of Ascent. It is amazing how many connections the Israelites and modern day society have in common. I will truly miss the study.

Friday afternoon, my sister, mom and I are heading for Indianapolis for the WOF Conference. It will be a great time to reconnect with my sis and mom as well as diving into the Word and hearing some awesome singing!

3 comments:

Toni said...

I love Beth Moore!!!

We have two of those fort playgrounds here. Our kids love to go but, like you, I need Carl there to help watch them. There are just waaaay too many nooks and crannies for a child to get lost in.

Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Toni,

You have to do her latest Bible study. It is awesome! It's called "Stepping Up!" I highly recommend it!

Toni said...

I'll check it out. She's beyond good. She's GREAT.
Blessings,
~Toni~