Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fun at the Fair and Other Ramblings

We decided to take the kids to our county fair today. It was so hot, but we really wanted them to see the animals and such. The first barn had animals like rabbits, turkeys, hens, roosters, pigeons, etc. I saw one ENORMOUS rabbit! Whoa! It looked like it had been on steroids! It was bigger than an old fat cat and it was bigger than my sister's Yorkie Terrier! They LOVED the small animals barn. So then, we journeyed to the pig barn.

WELL, I wanted to see how Carleigh would react to seeing a pig again since her pig attack at Parky's in mid June. The first time she saw a pig, she JUMPED in my arms. And that was no exaggeration! She got this look of terror on her face and then jumped right at me. I had to carry her through the whole barn. She calmed down and looked at the pigs (of course safely in Mommy's arms). One pig was so cute, he was laying down and oinking rather loudly. I told Carleigh that the pig was talking to her to which she hid her face in my shoulder!

After a late nap, we went to a teacher store and a dollar store (gotta love that everything is a buck!) so that I could get a few essentials that I didn't order from the websites. We brought back McDonalds for the kids and Cody DEVOURED a whole package of apple dippers and ate the majority of Carleigh's bag as well. That kid LOVES apples! I have to buy a dozen every week! He will eat it down to the seed! I am happy that he loves fruit, but sometimes that is all the he wants and well, too much fruit can cause some digestion issues!!

Yesterday my laptop was supposed to arrive, well, they apparently tried to deliver it and I couldn't hear them in the back when Carleigh was taking a nap. ARGH! I was so looking forward to getting it set up and NOW I have to wait until Monday!! And I had to change the playdate that I had scheduled, but luckily my friend was open to do it on Wednesday. We have two play dates this week: Tuesday at a park and Wednesday at my friend's house. Thursday we have therapy and Friday I have to get ready for my Women of Faith Conference.

My mom, sister and I are going to the Women of Faith Conference in Indianapolis Friday evening - Saturday evening. I have never been to one and am excited to attend. Some of my favorite authors/speakers and Christian singers will be there. Matt will be a single dad from Friday at 4:30 - late Saturday night. My sister had originally planned to go with her mother-in-law and friend, but both backed out so my mom and I received free tickets (worth $60 a person). Woohoo! I think my sis, mom and I need this "women" time to reconnect and just have a good time. I plan on bringing some board games and card games, and possibly my laptop for Friday night fun in the hotel. Of course I will be bringing the camera!!

I will also be working in my classroom Tuesday and Thursday nights this week. This will make one busy week and my head is just spinning on all the things that are happening in August: weddings, school events, back to work, transitions, etc. Whew!

2 comments:

Toni said...

Rats! I wish I was attending WOF. We could have met up for a few photos or a cup of coffee. :O Have a GREAT time.

I think the rabbit you saw must be the Flemish Giant. They truly can be bigger than many small dog breeds. I love them.
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Yes, I wish you were going to! The next time I am there...we gotta meet!!