Thursday, January 24, 2008

Update on Carleigh

We have had a few challenging days with Carleigh. Sunday evening, Carleigh came down with a cough and then it went downhill from there. She was coughing all night Sunday night, Monday night, and most of the night on Tuesday. I took her to Urgent Care last night and they diagnosed her with at least one ear infection although the doctor couldn't get a good look at the other ear. I highly suspect that both ears were infected. So, she is on antibiotics for the next 10 days. She had another rough night last night and I have been sleeping on the couch although I haven't gotten much sleep because I can hear her coughing or playing in her room all night (the negative side of having a one story house!). Matt has been staying up with her which has been a blessing since I do have to get up so early. We are both hoping that tonight will be different and ALL of us can get the rest we need. She has eaten better today so I think she is on the mend. (For the past 3 days she hasn't eaten much because she coughs so hard that it makes her vomit at times.) I am so thankful that she didn't have pneumonia or bronchitis or croup. Her lungs were clear and to that I am sooo thankful! She will be having her dedication service at church on Sunday morning and I think by then she will be back to her normal self. She also has been very active and chasing Cody so I say she will be better in a few days.

No comments: