Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Monkey Cake



I baked and baked last night! I must admit that it was fun and I think icing was the most enjoyable part of cake decorating. This is my first cake to decorate (crazy huh?!) and now I am itching to take a cake decorating class! It's not the best cake and I want to improve in certain areas so hopefully with a class or two, I can make really cool cakes for kiddos' birthdays. I wanted to make something special for Cody's birthday and I think he will really enjoy it this evening.

Funny story: While was was finishing up on the cake, Carleigh leans over the kitchen gate and sings "Happy Birth--day Co-deee!" Once she saw the cake, she said "Monkey...hoooewwwhooooo(imagine the monkey sound)!" While I was icing the banana, she yells "Banana! Eat it!" The girl LOVES bananas so I think she will get the small banana cake.

No comments: