Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Reflecting on 2007

2007....wow! I never would have imagined in my wildest dreams that we would finalize both of our children's adoptions in the same year and only 9 months apart! I think 2007 will always be etched in my mind for the year that I am truly grateful and thankful for. It was such a long road for Cody. He was in our home for 3 years (all of his little life) before he was available for adoption. Praise the Lord for the strength and endurance He gave us during that time. Then, Carleigh's case seemed to glide so quickly and easy due to Cody paving the way.

In 2007, Matt worked a variety of jobs, but we are blessed that he did have a job from June - December! I enjoyed my summer off with my children and truly enjoy my career except for the challenging group I have currently. We were able to go on two vacations: one to Virginia Beach and the other with Matt's family to Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana.

In 2007, Cody learned all the letters of the alphabet, his numbers 0- 12, shapes, and colors as well as added new words to his vocabulary which amazed his preschool teachers in the fall.

In 2007, Carleigh blossomed into an inquisitive, sweet, stubborn, yet bright little girl who can count to 14, identify all her letters, identifies all shapes, identifies most colors, identifies the name and sounds of most animals, can understand lots of commands/directions, understands humor, and started to talk in 2-3 word phrases. She has come a LONG way!

All in all, 2007 was quite a year! I am very hopeful and confident that 2008 will be filled with as many and maybe more blessings and possible surprises for our family. I can't wait to see how it will end!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Great year in review, Jen. It's neat that I recalled so much of what you posted, as I enjoy stopping by to read your blog.
Blessings,
~Toni~