Wednesday, January 30, 2008

And the verdict is...

Carleigh will be going to the same preschool as Cody starting in March! The Meeting yesterday went quite long. She didn't qualify on her speech scores, however her fine motor and gross motor scores were very interesting. We think they somehow were calculated wrong. Based on her scores, she would definitely qualify just on OT/PT, but we highly doubt they were as low as what the test scores said (they were lower than Cody's). So the big discussion was trying to decide if she should be eligible.

Ultimately, Matt and I made the decision. We are going to be extra cautious and put her on an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) for at least a year or so. If her preschool teacher feels she doesn't need it, we will regroup and decide what to do then. We want her in a preschool setting due to her speech concerns and to help with her shyness around others. She will not be in the same classroom as Cody (I requested). I really think both of them need their own classroom and Cody would REALLY be distracted if his sister was in the same class.

We also requested that she and Cody ride the same bus and that will happen also. I can't believe my little girl will be going in March!! I cannot believe that she will be 3 years old in just a month or so. Time flies!!

In other news....I am hoping for a snow day for Friday. I am under ALOT of stress at work and a snow day would alleviate the stress for one day. And I have to go to a Spelling Bee on Saturday so it would be nice to have that time I will lose due to the bee.

LET IT SNOW! LET IS SNOW! LET IT SNOW!

No comments: