Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Gray Hair

It's a good thing that I dye my hair because my two children give me gray hair daily. Last night, right before bedtime, Carleigh entices Cody to chase her. Cody being the most uncoordinated boy ever (low muscle tone) fell into the back door and must have cut his head on the hinges. I am in my bedroom watching my fave tv show when Matt yells. When he yells out like that I KNOW it is not good. I come running in and Matt is scrambling to find some paper towels. Head wounds bleed excessively and I saw blood on the carpet and couch and Cody crying. Matt puts pressure and the bleeding slows down. Carleigh of course is worried because Cody bled on her big princess foamy puzzle/hopscotch thingy. I clean that up and the carpet and couch. Then, she becomes strangely quiet because she was worried for Cody. *sigh* there is NEVER a dull moment in this house. I have seen far too many knots and scrapes for this squeamish mom. And yeah, I have never had a desire to be in the medical field (sorry!).

2 comments:

Toni said...

QUOTE:
Carleigh of course is worried because Cody bled on her big princess foamy puzzle/hopscotch thingy.
END QUOTE

ROFL!!! Jen, you totally cracked me up. And so did Miss Carleighed (reacted like a true girly princess. It's a woman's gift, I tell ya.)

And you know, I *was* an RN. And I did a great job with my patients too. But let me see one of my kids hurt and bleeding and you'd never know I'd had medical training, lol (totally anxious when it's my kids).
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Toni,

Yes, I was shocked that Carleigh was more concerned about her puzzle/hopscotch thing than her own brother! It's all about CARLEIGH for her!