Friday, October 02, 2009

Allergies, shots and a night out

Today, I took Carleigh to the pediatrician. For the past month, she has been coughing so hard that she vomits (sorry if that is TMI!). She'll go a few days where she is find and then it hits her again. This morning, I awoke to hear coughing. I didn't find her in her bed so I was a bit concerned. She was under the kitchen table sitting and just coughing. My poor baby!

She was diagnosed with yet another ear infection and the doctor also concluded that she is allergic to grass, ragweed and pollen. So now she is on antibiotics for the ear, and 3 different allergy medications with one being the dreaded eye drops. You can ask my mother in law how difficult it was for us to get the eye drops in. There were 3 of us holding her down trying to get them in. *sigh* I was exhausted afterwards. We have to give the drops to her TWICE a day. Really! That is more torture for Matt and I than for Carleigh.

So our plans to the pumpkin patch and corn maze will be halted for at least a week or two. She has a follow-up dr appointment in two weeks and we will go from there in regard to allergy medications. Oh, and if that wasn't bad enough, she received her flu shot. Let's just say that she wasn't Mommy's biggest fan today.

Tonight, Matt's parents came over so that Matt and I could go to dinner and go grocery shopping without children. It was H*E*A*V*E*N to enjoy our meal, have adult conversation (with exciting plans discussed, sorry, not going to reveal them here for awhile), didn't have to pay a cent for it (gift card from a dear co-worker), and do our grocery shopping without needing a nerve pill afterwards. Oh what a lovely night!

And this momma is getting out of Dodge tomorrow to go on a much needed shopping trip with the most important women in her life: momma, sissy and my niece. We ALL need to get away, destress from recent events, and just enjoy each other's company. I am going to SO enjoy my day tomorrow.

No comments: