Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fitness Plan

Yesterday I started my lifestyle change. My first goal was to get moving. I walked for 45 minutes and power walked for 1.5 miles up and down our dead end street. Then I came home and did some resistance training.

Today, I walked for an hour with my niece Britt and it amazing how fast an hour goes when you are talking to someone. I was pushing Cody in the umbrella stroller for the majority of the time which really gives an extra workout! Britt was walking Rudy who picked a fight with the golden retriever down the street. It was so funny because every time we went past that dog's house both dogs had to act "fierce." Can you imagine a little yorkshire terrier fighting a large golden retriever? Britt and I laughed every time! I think we wore that poor dog out because he was starting to drag towards the end. Yep, my sister's dog needs to get on an exercise program himself!

I am very serious about getting in shape and starting to eat right. I have several goals that I want to accomplish by the end of the year and hopefully I will share them with you if it happens! Most importantly, I want to get healthy and have more energy.

Tomorrow, I plan on walking for 1.25 hours plus possibly doing Wii Fit with my niece. We both want to lose weight (my goals being much larger than Britt's). So far two days are under my belt and I feel so much better....and even 3 pounds lighter!

3 comments:

Toni said...

Jenn, I don't know what to say. Honestly, I am sooo proud of you. And I support you 150%, and can tell you firsthand how GREAT you'll feel in the months to come. Do give yourself permission to make changes a little at a time, and keep exercising. The Wii will be great for winter. My girlfriend uses a treadmill. I have an ultra-glide cross trainer and we definitely get out and walk in the cold if it's not brutal (not at ALL my favorite thing to do in winter, but it's good for all of us to breath in the cold air and know we're alive and active, KWIM?)

One friend told me, "ANYTHING we can do, no matter how seemingly small, is better than doing nothing at all when it comes to improving our health." So true. Oh, and I love that you're seeing this as a "fitness plan" too, something to be gradually worked for. Good for you, Jen. I wish you better health as you go.
Blessings,
~toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Thanks Toni! I plan on walking as long as it doesn't rain and am going to buy some great aerobics videos. My niece has the Wii fit and will definitely work out with her when she has the time.

I think I over did it today, but if I don't push myself hard, I just won't do it! Now my next task is to totally change my eating habits. *sigh* That is a tough one!

Toni said...

You're not alone on overdoing it. When we began our walking, I was going to be Miss Powerwalker. I ended up inflaming a tendon and now have something called snapping hip syndrome (it's basically permanent; not painful after the inflammation ceased, but annoying.)
So give yourself permission to walk steady but not too hard or too long. Maybe a time limit? You can always add later or push harder within that limit. Some days, we walk our 2 miles in 35 minutes (the kids are with us so it slows us down). Other days, it takes an hour. And it's okay because hey, we're all out MOVING, right?
Blessings,
~toni~