Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wild Winds Again!

We had very strong winds of in the vicinty of 60 - 70 mph last night. I was getting the kids ready for church and I heard a noise. Looking out the window, I saw the kids' playhouse (that is quite heavy) picked up by the wind and was rolling in the backyard!!

I put Carleigh into her car seat and she was crying because she saw her playhouse on its side and she said "My house FALL DOWN!" At first I thought SHE was afraid of falling down becase the winds were soooo strong! Anything in the yard flew everywhere. Thankfully we did not lose power but up at the top of our street and across the T intersection, power was out there. The school lost power temporarily as well. I am sooooo glad we didn't lose power!! Thank you Lord!!

We have had the wildest weather I can ever remember here!

2 comments:

Toni said...

The gusts never got as bad here as were predicted, but it was still VERY VERY windy and gusty. And today? Sunshine like all get out. Go figure.
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Yes, we had a wonderful sunny but windy day here. The winds are much less but still it would have been a great kite flying day!