Saturday, February 07, 2009

Is it Spring YET?

Oh, seeing the Easter candy and baskets in the stores are making me want April to get here quickly! I cannot wait until the ground thaws because we are getting fencing this Spring! Woooohoooo! No one can understand the depth of my joy on that one because that means this summer, this momma is going to be sporting a tan because I will be outside with the kids ALL DAY (as long as it is not too humid mind you!).

It also felt good to go without a jacket today as I was out and about doing some shopping. May, please get here NOW!

We also are planning two trips: weekend to Gatlinburg for a wedding in June and possibly a trip to Michigan with my sister to the sand dunes and Lake Michigan. I have never been to Michigan and have always wanted to go. There are sand dunes to go dune bugging, river rafting with the kids (life jackets on of course!), camping, grilling out, shopping in little towns, visiting lighthouses, playing at the beach, and a TON of things to do up there. There is alot to do that doesn't cost a ton of money and so we are getting excited! We haven't decided whether to stay in a cabin or stay at a hotel. We will probably do all of this as long as we don't go to St. Louis in August. Things are still up in the air but we would go to Michigan in July probably, all depends on a few work schedules.

Our three makeup days at my school have been voted and agreed upon: Presidents' Day will be a regular school day (don't bother me AT ALL!), We lose the extra Monday off of Spring Break and we add one more day to the school year. So the students will get out June 4 and I will be out June 5th (one day before Matt and my 11th anniversary). I was pleased with the way they handled the make-up days. I still get a Spring Break and only have to go one more day at the end of the year. It will be interesting to see how Cody and Carleigh's school will decide their 4 makeup days.

1 comment:

Toni said...

We want to go to the dunes at Lake Michigan as well. We've talked about it for the past two years but have yet to DO anything about it. Our friends have gone there every summer (the ones going on our cruise with us). They said it's beautiful there.

Sounds like the school make-up days were scheduled nicely. I'm glad they weren't all tacked on at the end for you.
Blessings,
~Toni~
p.s. Fencing! Yay. You'll LOVE being able to have the kids safely outside. And I'm with you on wanting spring to come NOW.