Monday, August 02, 2010

This and That

We have all the school supplies needed for Kindergarten and 1st grade. Yay! I really felt the sting on the budget! The kids enjoyed picking out their backpack. Carleigh chose a Kai Lan and Cody chose Buzz Lightyear. He also chose a Buzz lunch box. We just need a few more things like shoes, a few clothes, etc. and they will be ready! This week, both children have pediatrician appointments.

Carleigh's appointment was today and it went well. She told the doctor when she was looking in her ears that she had "frogs" in there. LOL! I have no idea where she got that one! She did really great on all the milestone accomplishments and did everything expected except for one fine motor thing. She was on average for height and slightly above average in weight....the girl is 43.75 inches tall and 52 pounds!)

This month will be THE month for appointments, besides OT/PT weekly appointments, we will have pediatrician visits, dentist visits, and eye appointment for Carleigh. One good thing about this is that I will not have to take personal days for any of these and barring any sick visits, will not have to take them to the dr. for another year! Yay!

If you want a good laugh, come to my house because, you never know WHAT my two will say. Today, Carleigh grabbed Cody and ran into his room shouting "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!" While I was cleaning Cody's room, he came in and started singing his new favorite songs "Bad boys, bad boys, watcha going do?" I am so amazed at their speech improvement this summer!

We are getting ready for a yard sale and a trip to Lake Erie this month. And I am already getting my classroom back together for a new school year. It's amazing how fast summer goes by!

No comments: