Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Adjustments



Well, today was the first day that I have been away from my children since early June. Wow! It was quite an adjustment! I was a bit sad when I dropped them off at their Mamaw's house and of course it didn't help that Carleigh cried after me (something she rarely does!). Of course, she forgot about it quickly as she told her mamaw that she loved her.

I came home and was absolutely EXHAUSTED! Many reasons why I was tired: moved all desks and chairs, climbed through the window to get in & out of my classroom because my wing hallway was being waxed, moved heavy textbooks around the room, and maybe the biggest reason is that I was a couch potato due to the extreme heat all summer. (I wasn't quite the coach potato because I DID exercise but not as much as I wanted!)

I guess it will take a few days to get back into the groove of things...

1 comment:

Toni said...

If it makes you feel any better, our exercise plan was kaput for this summer as well. Yes, dh and I still worked out every other day in the house. But our walking has been down 90% (it STINKS!) due to the heat. We do press on through all kinds of weather, but we have to consider the kids as well and it has been dangerously hot.
Blessings,
Toni