Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Too much rain = No Preschool!

It has been raining here in Ohio for two days. Not your little drizzle, but major downpours with no end in sight! I have driven to and from work for two days in the pouring down rain. I can just shudder to think how much snow this would be if it were just a little bit colder!

My mom calls me on my cell phone around 9:10am in a panic. She says that the bus hasn't come yet and what should she do? Well, at first I was puzzled and then I thought...are they on a delay? I call my house to check voicemail and sure enough there was a message from our school district saying that all AM and PM Preschool & Kindergarten classes were cancelled due to flooding on their little lane in front of the school! I quickly call mom and she brought them back home. They were probably confused because they had their backpacks or "pack pack" as Carleigh would say and was fully expecting a few hours of learning and fun. Oh well! Hopefully school will not be cancelled for tomorrow!

There is major flooding everywhere. We live near our local county airport. The land around the airport is very low-lining and it looks like we have an ocean on either side of the road. When I was little, the county had to re-structure the road and build it up because it always flooded! There were parts of roads closed on my way home today and lots of potholes. Even our school had a few leaks! The rain should be ending my late tonight.

One more school day until Spring break....I am SOOOO counting down!

No comments: