Friday, March 07, 2008

Biggest Snowstorm in Years!

I thought our snow days for the year was over, and boy was I wrong! The weather forecasters have been talking about this huge storm for several days. It began at 7am this morning and our school decided to close 20 minutes before I walked out the door. Thankfully I caught my mom before she left! This is our last snow day before we start making up in school days. They are predicting up to 15 inches of snow when the storm is finished Saturday evening! Whoa! We haven't had that much snow in years! I am just giddy about how the kids will have a blast tomorrow! I think I will be able to build a nice big snowman with this kind of snow!

We went to the grocery store last night in anticipation of the storm. It was very crowded! I think we will be snowed-in until Monday morning. If we get as much snow as they are predicting, I highly doubt that we will have church services on Sunday. I wish the snow happened in the middle of the school week because I have to get things for Carleigh's birthday party and of course that will have to now wait until next week. Weekends are my days to get all my shopping and errands taken care of. Oh well!

We are still deciding on what to buy Carleigh for her birthday. I have a few ideas, but I think I will take Carleigh to ToysRUs on Friday of next week to pick it out. I am going to make a couple of bunny cakes for her birthday. She loves bunnies these days! This is near and dear to my heart because I used to collect bunny figurines and have had pet bunnies as a child. She loves the new Disney Show "Bunny Town." Personally, I think the bunnies look strange on that show but go figure!

Hopefully I will get a chance to take some photos of the kids playing in the snow...if they can walk in it! I was singing "It's snowing, it's snowing, tra-la-la-la" to which Carleigh pipes in afterwards singing "It snowing tra-lalalaaaaaa!"

No comments: