Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

As I reflect on this important day for Christians, I am just blown away by what our Lord did for us. All of the torture and pain that He endured for our sins makes me want to praise Him all the time.

When I go to a store and I see people buy bunnies and Easter baskets, etc., I wonder, do they REALLY know the true meaning of Easter? I also think of children in public school and how they may have "Spring parties," but do they know what is the true meaning of Easter? I tell my class all the time that they are blessed to be able to study God's word and to celebrate Easter by hearing the resurrection story and know that He has risen!

As I was taking Carleigh to have her 3 year old/Easter portraits taken today and we were walking around the store, people were exclaiming how beautiful she was in her dress, I was thinking, Carleigh is a great testimony to the Lord. By telling others that she celebrates Easter and loves to go to Sunday School, she is telling the world that she LOVES Jesus! I am just amazed at how she already loves the Lord: she prays at every meal, sings praise songs with movements, and loves to listen to stories in the Bible.

May you and your family have a blessed Easter!

No comments: