Sunday, March 09, 2008

The sun came out!

I don't think I have been this happy to see the sun out! The sun came out and the temps went into the 40s this afternoon! Woohoo! That meant that we could all get out of the house. Everyone needed some time out and it lifted everyone's moods! The roads were wet and slight slushy but very driveable.

Our first stop was to get haircuts for Cody and Carleigh. Cody was getting quite shaggy and his hair has been unmanageable for some time now. We wanted to get it cut before his Spring pictures at school on Tuesday. It was a special moment for Carleigh as she has never had her hair cut other than her bangs. She sat very still (except for checking out the razor humming around Cody's head) and let the stylist wet her hair and cut. We had an inch taken off and her bangs trimmed. I am hoping it helps with all the tangles.

We then headed to Target where I got a new very powerful vaccuum and a new gate for the kitchen. We also found Cody's Easter outfit and it was on sale. I still need to get Carleigh's birthday gift, party supplies, etc. but I plan on doing that Friday night. My dad installed the gate while Mom and I put together a new wet mop. I assembled the vaccuum and it is so funny to see Carleigh run with pure terror when I turn it on! This vaccuum has a louder sound with spinning and lights. Cody wanted to play with it. They are quite the opposites!

No comments: