Monday, March 03, 2008

Smooth Sailing!

I was quite anxious for the eye exam with Carleigh as I have been down that road quite a few times for Cody. Well, we arrive, I get out the coloring book and crayons and she quietly colored while I filled out the paperwork. We meet with the nurse for the first part of the exam and she sits very well in the chair and identied most of the objects with an eye patch on. She didn't like the eye drops that dilated her eyes though and that brought tears.

We had to wait in the waiting room for a half-hour so that her eyes would be dilated. She met a new friend and she played with him for a little while. I was very happy to see her playing with someone other than Cody! She went back into the examining room this time we met with the Opthamalogist. She sat very still and straight for the doctor. I think he was somewhat surprised at how well she sat and behaved. The verdict: she is slight farsighted with astigmatism (like mommy!) She does not need any glasses at this time and will go back in another year. She loved the disposable sunglasses she received to protect her dilated eyes. Then it was off to register her for preschool. She begins March 17th. I cannot believe she will be 3 in a couple of weeks.

Now we are getting ready to get Cody off the bus!! It has been a great day so far!! Smooth sailing!!

No comments: