Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SNOW DAY!


Well, our snow dance and prayers were granted! This is snow day #2 for the school year for me and snow day #3 for my kiddos. (Their school district has reached their limit for calamity days. We are hoping the new governor will extend it 2 more day.) The kids enjoyed sleeping in and I enjoyed not driving home in a mess! Carleigh and I shoveled the driveway a little big ago (ok *I* shoveled it while Carleigh watched/played) and now it is covered again. I know it will be covered with another 2-3 inches, but I figure it will be easier to shovel with 2 less inches. And of course Carleigh wanted to play in the snow with her boots her cousin Brittany bought for her for Christmas. Cody stayed inside and played with his piano and wasn't too bummed.

I am so very thankful for snow days, because it gives me extra time to spend with my kiddos. When you have to work, you cherish these extra days and am so thankful for this extra time! I am trying to stay productive by organizing, cleaning, and working on some "school" stuff, but also included is snuggling time with the kiddos and movie time!

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Aw, so glad you got some extra time off to enjoy with the kids. That's a big blessing for sure.
Blessings,
Toni