Friday, January 21, 2011

Another day off!!

I was honestly surprised when I got the call that the kids' school district closed at bright and early 5am. Then I stayed awake for a little bit thinking my school might call. Of course the phone woke up Carleigh and I forced her back to bed and then was jolted awake at 7am when my school called to report that school was closed today.

Although I enjoy snow days, this year, we only have 3 and this makes our 4th day. This means that we have a shorter spring break. I really, really hope we do not have another snow day or else I will be going on Memorial Day while the rest of my family is home enjoying the day. (Can you tell the hostility of this past sentence?!)

It feels like the Arctic here with below zero wind chills and single digit temperatures. This makes me yearn for May and June when the temps are warm and baseball season begins again! This year, we are registering both Cody and Carleigh into the baseball league. Plus, Carleigh will start cheerleading with her school league (the same one her cousin cheered for years ago). And then add a possible trip to Walt Disney World and our summer will be fun AND busy! Ahhh....I cannot wait for summer!

1 comment:

Toni said...

At least summer plans are underway, if not summer. This cold weather stinks! I sooo want to move to the southwest.