Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Great Reading Practice

I bought V-Tech's reading system called "Create-A-Story." I found it at Big Lots at a steal at Christmas time. The books were very cheap as well and the kids received it as a "together" gift. We stored it away for a rainy day and didn't open it until today. Well, it is really COOL! Carleigh and I played with it and created our own stories including our names and spelling. It also has a read along book in which the words are highlighted and is read aloud to the children. I think this is great for Pre-school - 1st grade because it gives the children an opportunity to see the text highlighted and spoken aloud. Children can also practice opposites, phonics and other activities as well. We have all the books listed in this pic and my kiddos LOVE it! Now if it had math....it would be perfect!

No comments: