Friday, June 11, 2010

The First Week

I know I have been not posting this week, but I have been busy with the kiddos. On Monday, I had a mandatory First Aid certification class and then summer officially began! We have been sleeping in every day (between 7:30 - 9am). In the mornings, we do summer school things like working in workbooks, practicing writing (extremely difficult for Cody) and I try to do a craft with them. In the afternoons we play on our swing set, ride bikes or play with bubbles or chalk. Wednesday night, Cody graduated from Benson Buddies at church and will officially start earning badges in Caravan in September. Carleigh has one more year in Benson Buddies before she starts earning badges. Both kiddos were promoted to new Sunday School classes and I will be Cody's helper in his 1st grade class. I am so thankful to an awesome Children's ministry director who has a such a sweet heart. We have people helping Cody in every class he is in on Sundays and Wednesdays.

Today, I cleaned out the pool and filled it up with fresh, COLD water. As I was filling it up and talking to Carleigh about something, Cody JUMPS in! It surprised both of us! Both kids LOVE water and it is extremely difficult for me to get them out. Today I caught Cody off guard and grabbed him. He wasn't a happy camper! When I persuaded Carleigh to get out, he was more accepting that he had to get out.

Now we are cooling down, drying out, and will head to Oxford for Cody's game. We're hoping it doesn't storm like it usually does on game day.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Great post. Summer is clearly in full swing for you. Enjoy every wonderful, blessed moment to the fullest. Carleigh looks adorable in her costume, btw.
Blessings,
Toni