Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope everyone had a wonderful time being honored or honoring your mother. This is always a sensitive day for me. Prior to the last six years, this day was very hard for me. I will always sympathize with ladies who are not mothers or who are still waiting to become mothers. When you go through infertility, you gain a sense of sympathy that no one else can fathom. You also gain sensitivity to the needs of others.

I still have mixed feelings about this day, however, I did have a good day. Listening to my children laugh and squeal on their new swing set was the BEST gift that they could ever give me. I am so incredibly blessed to be their mommy!

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Toni said...

Yes, you are indeed blessed by beautiful, wonderful children (if "Auntie" Toni might so so herself). ;)

For the last 2 years, I've stepped waaaaaay out of my comfort zone and stood up in church during sharing time on Mother's Day to speak about infertility, loss, and ladies in waiting. I'm not at ALL comfortable with sharing about this in front of groups of people, but I can't bear the thought of even one woman or couple sitting there in sorrow and painful silence on Mother's Day.
Blessings,
Toni

A Family Created By God said...

Toni,

As years go by I am also getting bolder and I think God is going to use me for some sort of ministry with infertility....He just hasn't given me clear direction yet.